Saturday, October 19, 2013

Gender Roles

How important is Gender?
Does it matter in a family?

I grew up in a house with very clear gender roles. My mother always cooked, did the dishes and cleaned. While my Dad worked all day and took care of the lawn and garden. My sister and I would babysit and my brother would mow the lawns. I thought that all families like this, it never even occurred to me that there was a different way to do things. I loved being raised with a mother that was always home to take care of us, she was always there. Although I did miss my dad a lot because he was always working. For my family now I want the same thing that I had, the only difference is that I would like my husband to be home more. I realize that this dream that I have is so much harder to attain in todays economy. The only thing I can do is have faith, and do my best to keep the commandments. 

 How did you grow up? What were the gender roles like in your family?

3 comments:

  1. Krystal I love your blog!! I really miss you, I would love meet up some time and catch up on each others lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline!! I love you!! You are so sweet! Yes! Lets meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family was very similar to yours. My mom cooked dinner every night and cleaned the house and then my dad went to work. On Saturdays though we would all work as a family to clean the house and do family projects.

    ReplyDelete