Friday, May 19, 2017

Mothers Day

All through
Elementary, middle, and high school
I have received heartfelt notes from my Mom.
Always tenderly set on my pillow,
eagerly waiting to be read.

In every single note
I would often read,
"I love being your mother".

I have always known that my mother
 loved being a Mom.
She loved being MY Mom. 


Now I am a Mother
and I wonder, 
do I love it?

Catching Finnley leaning over to kiss Aven.
Feeling the weight of her sleeping body, as I carry her to bed.
The way she says "Mommy".

Aven's little arms and legs kicking as I prepare her food.
The way her fluffy hair blows in the wind.
How she silently watches the world around her. 

Catching these little tender moments,
bring tears of joy to my eyes.

Knowing that my Mother 
loved being a Mom 
Made a difference,
because she chose to be with me.

Now I want my girls to know,
I choose them.
Because I love being their Mom.






No comments:

Post a Comment