Sunday, December 10, 2017

#PaintingforRefugees17

Saturday we drove up to CSI in Twin Falls and presented boxes full of paintings. Painting for Refugees art drive has been a project I have been working on with a few close friends since August. Hours went into planning, marketing, and Skype meetings. 
I remember dreaming of hosting an art drive and frantically writing ideas as they came on paper. Desperately wanting to help refugees in a way that was close to my heart, through art. Working up courage, I reached out to a coordinator in Twin Falls and presented this idea. Her prompt reply and story of refugees using sticky notes from a local bank to add color to white walls fueled my little flame.  

I cannot imagine being a Refugee, away from familiar comforts and possibly divided from loved ones. I wanted to help. Knew I needed to help. Our mission throughout this drive was to welcome and uplift refugees through art, one painting at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment