Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Baby locks

A couple days ago I took the baby locks off Finnleys door, the bathroom and Avens door. 
Because 
1. Finnley is fully potty trained (happy dance)

2.We have been teaching her about the importance of sleep. She is eager to take care of her body.

3. She is almost 3!
 
It has been hard in ways I expected, but unbelievably joyful in ways I didn’t expect. 

The soft knock on our door at night as Finnleys little voice says she is cold. 

Hearing the toilet flush without leaving my warm blankets.

Early morning giggles and squeaks from Avens room as they wait for us to get up.






 I remember watching Finnley look at herself in my tall bathroom mirror. She turned to me and declared with confidence,
“Mom, I am getting bigger.”

That little phrase has been on repeat in my mind. 

She is getting bigger.
I believe in Finnley,
Her ability to rely on the savior and be whoever she wants to be.

But first, let’s celebrate the freedom from 
baby locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment